Sandwiched between rugged coastal mountains and south-facing beaches, Santa Barbara is often called the American Riviera. The dramatic geography and warm Mediterranean climate are best appreciated on the ocean, by kayak. This guided kayak tour…
SANTA BARBARA KAYAKING BENEATH THE SUNSET
Santa Barbara sunsets are world-renowned and winter happens to be the best time of year to see a dazzling display of rainbow sherbert colors painted across the sky. Once the sun crosses the horizon, the majestic mountains are aglow with deep purple hues.
Summer provides a little more warmth and a later start time for your kayak tour. Viewing the sunset by kayak is truly a unique Santa Barbara experience. This is a great activity or romantic date idea before grabbing a happy hour cocktail or a glass of wine in the Funk Zone. Monthly full moon tours are also available if you want to experience even more local beauty under the light of the moon.
- Experience the magic of twilight as Santa Barbara transitions from day to night
- Watch the stars come out and spot constellations
- Learn about the basics of navigation at night
- Professional guides ensure a safe and fun experience
What to Bring
- Reusable water bottle
- Headlamp (mandatory – we sell these also)
- Sunscreen, sun protection (hat, UV shirt), sunglasses (available at the shop)
- Personal medication
- Waterproof case (available at the shop) or waterproof camera