Take the sunset to the next level with a moon rise over the mountains to the East. Full Moon Kayaking is a one-of-a-kind tour in California, and Paddle Sports is the only company that offers this as a guided Santa Barbara kayaking tour.
We provide you with a headlamp and kayak equipment and head out just before sunset. As the sun sets to the West, the moon rises in the East, which is a fantastic experience that cannot be missed!
What to Bring
- Reusable water bottle to stay hydrated!
- Waterproof case (available at the shop) or waterproof camera
We have everything you’ll need for Full Moon Kayaking including lockers and changing rooms available. Public bathrooms are also available nearby. Paid all day parking is very close, and we have bike racks behind the shop if you are human powered all day!
2024 Full Moon Schedule
- May 21st (Sunset is at 7:59pm, Moonrise is at 8:34pm) tour starts at 7:30pm
- June 21st (Sunset is at 8:14pm, Moonrise is at 8:34pm) tour starts at 7:30pm
- July 20th (Sunset is at 8:08pm, Moonrise is at 8:18pm) tour starts at 7:30pm
- August 19th (Sunset is at 7:40pm, Moonrise is at 8:03pm) tour starts at 7:00pm
- September 17th (Sunset is at 7:01pm, Moonrise is at 7:01pm) tour starts at 6:15pm
- October 17th (Sunset is at 6:21pm, Moonrise is at 6:31pm) tour starts at 6:00pm
Santa Barbara Harbor
We’re conveniently located in the Santa Barbara Harbor next to the Fish Market and Brophy Bros. Our paddlers frequently see Pelicans, Sea Lions, Dolphins & Whales!
You can easily walk or bike to the Harbor from the many hotels in downtown Santa Barbara or right off the 101. Feel free to call, email or stop in with any questions.
We loved our kayaking trip with Ryan as our guide. The ferry ride was awesome, food was great and our kayaking through caves very exciting! Lots of swells.
-Karen R. | TripAdvisor
We contacted the Sports Centre late with a large group wanting to do a quick paddle arounf the harbour. Jordan looked after us, made sure we had everything we needed, and had a great time with the kids paddling around the harbour. Great for kids aged 5 up.
-Dean E. | TripAdvisor
I was so glad to have gone there for paddle board lessons with my granddaughter. Terrific instruction and really nice people and facilities.
-Beryl K. | TripAdvisor
We loved our kayak tour with Adam. He was really knowledgable and friendly and ensured that we had a great time (despite the rainy and cold weather).
-Heather S. | TripAdvisor