All merchandise returns require receipt and original tags. Items must not have been used. Items returned within 7 Days, a Full Refund will be issued. After 7 Days a store credit will be issued. All Sale Items Are Final-No Returns.
Paddle Sports Center Membership & Fitness Dues
Once used, memberships or monthly fitness dues cannot be refunded. You are entitled to a 3 day cooling off period for your membership sign-up (if not used). If you notify the Paddle Sports Center within your cooling off period, you will receive a full refund. If you signed-up for a termed contract, please look to your individual contract for specific details.
Lessons & Rental Cancellations
Payment for the first hour is due in FULL in advance to make a reservation. You can cancel your reservation up until the day of your reservation and receive a 100% refund or credit. Cancellations the day of your reservation will not receive a refund. Once a lesson or rental has been completed no refund shall be allowed.
If we have to cancel because of weather you can get a 100% refund or credit for a future trip. This will occur for your rental or lesson if wind or swell is outside of our weather protocols or your ability.
- No paddlers over 25 mph wind, period.
- Paddling over 15mph is NOT fun and is high risk
- No beginners paddling when there are white caps (12.5mph)
- No first time SUP beach launching
Members: No paddlers over 20mph
Walk-In: No paddlers over 15mph
Members: No paddlers over 25mph
Walk-In: No paddlers over 20mph
- All ages can participate as long as we have a PFD to fit the participant.
- Must be age 12 years old to kayak in a single kayak.
- Must be 14 years old to paddle an SUP (height, weight & physical ability can be considered).
- Must be 16 years or older to paddle without a parent or guardian on the water with minor.
- All participants must READ and agree to rental rules and assumption of risk document.
Equipment returned after closing hours will incur a $2.00/minute charge.
Equipment Rental Authorization
By signing you are authorizing your credit card to be charged up to the value of equipment being rented if it returns broken or damaged. This authorization is up to $1,500 for some items. For more information inquire with the front desk staff. Please come back with everything in one piece!
Equipment Damage/Replacement Fees
- 1 inch of damage - $35
- 4-12 inches of damage - $100
- 13-16 inches of damage - $150
- 17-24 inches of damage - $200
- 25 + inches- Estimate required, take $200 as a deposit
- Fin - $50
- Finbox - $50
- Both Fin and Finbox - $100
- CO2 Cartridge - $20
- Lost Key - $20
Complaints Policy and Procedure
The Paddle Sports Center is committed to effectively, efficiently, promptly and fairly handling all complaints about its services and products.
Any complaint will be treated seriously, investigated thoroughly and dealt with according to the merit of the complaint.
The circumstances and results of any appeal are analyzed thoroughly by senior management for their implications and acted on appropriately so as to remove any grounds for appeal in the future by improving the relevant functions. It is our utmost intention to hear and understand your grievance and effectively fix it.
Clients may make a complaint by telephone or in writing to:
Channel Islands Outfitters, Inc.
117 Harbor Way STE B, Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Each complaint will receive individual attention that it deserves.
The Paddle Sports Center does NOT share any personal information with 3rd parties. Credit Cards are stored with MindBody Online, a PCI level 1 compliant organization.