- Groups of 6 -12
- Groups of 13-28
- Groups of 28+
Downwind Kayak Adventure
Blue Ocean Kayaking welcomes you aboard the “Sunfish” a custom built supported kayak vessel. The boat has a special built swim step for very easy boarding on both kayak & the boat. All Kayaks are stored overhead, so there is no clutter on board. The Sunfish ferries you out to Anacapa island part of the beautiful Channel Islands National Park where a professional kayak guide then takes you on a wilderness adventure tour! Savvy tourists & Ventura county locals and the surrounding areas know that the Channel Islands is a great destination to have some fun.
As we ferry you to the Channel Islands National Park aboard the spacious 53 foot boat equipped with a restroom & lounge galley, you may encounter animals like whales, dolphins, seals, and many types of sea birds. Once we get to our location you will be outfitted with a life vest, helmet, paddle, seat, and kayak. Then you will start off on your guided kayak tour where you will see great natural attractions such as high weathered cliffs, secluded coves, kelp beds, beautiful sea caves, abundant marine life, seal rookeries, sea birds, and reefs though the crystal blue clear water.
LAUNCH NOTE: In order to cover our costs, we have an 8 person minimum to launch on all adventures. If we have met our minimum the number of spaces left will appear. If we do not meet our minimum you can get a full refund or move to a different date, your choice. Thanks!
- Nylon Paddle Jacket
- Snorkel Gear
- Life vest
– Lunch and Water/beverages. You can bring adult beverages for consumption on the way home.
– Snack that you can bring with you kayaking.
– Warm clothing for the crossing. We suggest a rain coat and sweater. Bring a blanket and towel if you typically get cold.
– Water shoes for extra warmth, you may go barefoot if you like.
– Wetsuit if you want to snorkel.
– Change of clothes for ride home.
– Waterproof camera or case for your phone (make sure it floats!)
– REEF safe sun cream.
– Hat and sunglasses.
– Cash for crew gratuity 🙂